Having gathered materials for re-purpose I limited myself so that I would be able to focus on getting a good model done. I ran into problem after problem with these nylon dog collars. I was unable to hole punch them, drill through them etc…The only way that I was able to manipulate them was by cutting a straight line and burning the edge to stop the material from unweaving. This was problematic for me as it it dictated the construction of my casing. I tried to embrace it and looked for opportunities to highlight some of the existing features. I was able to get a decent enough looking model out of this process, although the mechanics are not fully developed and I really just need more time. I would like to explore other materials for my finishes and maybe other methods of construction. I feel very strongly about the idea and I plan on further exploring possible outcomes. 

ImageImage

Advertisements